120: Worked as an Intellectual Property lawyer in a large firm for 9 yrs, established his own law firm specializing in helping start-ups and small businesses to protect their inventions & brands with patents, trademarks & copyrights. (Devin Miller)Jul 07, 2021
In this episode, I interview Devin Miller, the Founder, and CEO of Miller IP Law, an expert on Intellectual Property that specializes in helping start-ups and small businesses protect their assets with patents, trademarks, and copyrights. Devin established his own patent and trademark law firm after working as an IP lawyer in a large firm for 9 years.
While working in a large firm helping Fortune 100 companies with their intellectual property, Devin realized that there weren’t good legal resources for startups and small businesses. He wanted to help other small business owners learn about patents, trademarks, and copyrights so they can build value into their businesses and protect their assets.
Devin says that one of the things that small business owners often don't think about is their patents and this is why they often fail in standing out from their competitors. People file patents to ensure that all the efforts they put into research and development and design are protected.
This Cast Covers:
- An expert on Intellectual Property focusing on helping those that are underserved within the business community.
- Worked as a lawyer for 9 years and with a background in electrical engineering.
- A law firm that primarily focused on patents, trademarks, and copyrights.
- Patents and trademarks for startups and small businesses.
- Helps small businesses and startups protect their inventions with patents, their brands with trademarks, and their creative works with copyrights.
- The expert attorneys of the law firm company will be the ones to take action and tailor solutions for the client’s company.
- The importance of patents, trademarks, and copyrights when growing a small business.
- Trademark is an investable asset the company can own and either grow and obviously build wealth as well.
- How IP adds a lot of value not just to businesses but to other countries and platforms.
“One of the things that people often don't think about is their patents.” – Devin Miller
“It’s really important to go and talk to a professional.” – Devin Miller
“Not everything online is true.” – Devin Miller
“Because you've been working on a product or an invention for so long, doesn’t mean you’re not doing anything unique or different from everybody else.” – Devin Miller
“Get a strategy of how you're going to stand out in your business.” – Devin Miller