121: Aged 32 in 2016, incorporated a digital marketing agency, started with 3 clients and years later had increased by 400%, now a multi-award winning marketing agency with 7 FTEs equivalent & from revenue growth 350% in 5 years. (Erica Hakonson)Jul 11, 2021
In this episode, I interview Erica Hakonson, the Principal and Founder of Maven Collective Marketing, a digital marketing agency based in Vancouver, Canada, working with B2B software and services companies to transform their marketing to measurably improve your results. The agency brings the expertise and experience to translate, navigate and execute the complex world of online marketing.
The multi-award-winning digital marketing agency was incorporated in 2016 by Erica as a sole entrepreneur. Started with 3 clients and years later had increased their clients by 400% and from revenue growth of 30% to 250%. The agency even won the Editor’s Choice in the Canadian SME National Business Awards in 2020.
For Erica, success is when they are able to witness fruition and expertise to their clients for that only means that their hard work effectively improves the result. This realization of success drives them more to work at their best.
This Cast Covers:
- A multi-award-winning digital marketing agency that helps businesses disrupt and redefine their marketing strategies.
- Brings the expertise and experience to translate, navigate and execute the complex world of online marketing.
- Work primarily with tech companies, particularly in the Microsoft ecosystem.
- Started with three clients in their first year and has increased them by 400%.
- From a revenue growth of 30% to the current 250%.
- Won the Editor’s Choice in the Canadian SME National Business Awards.
- Success is when they are able to witness the fruition of their hard work and expertise to their clients.
- How a social media platform works in growing a small business into its best.
- The importance of empowering other people to help them grow for them to perform at their best.
- Maven Collective Marketing
- Why Johnny Can’t Brand By Bill Schley
- Start With Why By Simon Sinek
- Decisive By Chip Heath
- Terry O'Reilly Podcast
“The validation of our expertise as a team and how much that fuels us are what success looks like.” – Erica Hakonson
“When we can set a goal with our clients, and bring that into fruition, that's what success really feels like on our side and be able to experience that with them.” – Erica Hakonson
“If you have the capital to be able to invest in your digital presence, that's going to pay off in spades for years for you.” – Erica Hakonson
“Being able to empower someone else and show that they're just as knowledgeable as anyone else.” – Erica Hakonson
“When the mistakes are made, you have to recognize them correctly and help them learn and grow from that for them to get better.” – Erica Hakonson