14+ years of corporate experience, now providing handyman services that are quality-focused and surpass expectations. Growing with over $128,000 In the first year revenue has been running with over 40 FTEs. (Chris Lalomia)Feb 01, 2023
In this episode, I interview Chris Lalomia, the Founder, and CEO of The Trusted Toolbox based in Atlanta, United States of America. Chris has set up his own business to provide quality-focused handyman services that surpass expectations.
Chris has over 14 years of corporate experience and has opted to establish a home repair and handyman business in order to pursue greater opportunities. The Trusted Toolbox was established in 2008 and has been running for over 14 years. Growing with over $128,000 in the first year revenue has been running with over 40 FTEs.
According to Chris, growing a small business necessitates becoming more thoughtful and predictive of what you're asking for. So he says, “In the beginning, it's all about sales. Now, my mindset shift has been about being more thoughtful and more predictive of what I'm asking for, and keep saying that over and over and over.”
This Cast Covers:
- Expert handyman services that are quality-focused and surpass expectations.
- Left the corporate world and started a home repair and handyman business.
- Got a master's and bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Went to work in manufacturing.
- Started business with zero knowledge.
- Creating a team that solves problems without being involved.
- Did $128,000 in total revenue in the first year of business.
- Started a business at the age of 38.
- Got 40% of business coming from customers.
- Been 4.6 rating on Google, and got over 600 reviews.
“Success is freely doing the things that make you happy.” —Chris Lalomia
“If you want to grow, you have to keep your customer base. —Chris Lalomia
“You need to make sure you’re getting better. —Chris Lalomia
"Be more thoughtful and more predictive of what you’re asking for.” —Chris Lalomia
“Know that you’re time is your own.” —Chris Lalomia