142: From virtual collaboration space to restarting a modernized social media management platform in 2019, to help small to medium-sized businesses with digital marketing. Started out from 1 FTE to 12 & currently has 11,000 users. (Arjun Rai)Sep 22, 2021
In this episode, I interview Arjun Rai, the founder, and CEO of HelloWoofy based in New York, USA, a social media and blog management platform, driven by artificial intelligence that helps small to medium-sized businesses with smart marketing for the digital age. Arjun is always passionate about social media and he’s full of ideas on how it helps startups.
From a virtual collaboration space, Arjun set out to modernize another industry related to his former passion of social media. Re-launching a social media management platform in 2019. Initially got 1,520 customers and now has 11,000 users in two years. He started out just by himself to a team of 12 FTEs.
Arjun shares what he learned from the moment he started as an entrepreneur. It is making better decisions and we can only do that if we keep on learning because achieving something doesn’t mean we know everything.
This Cast Covers:
- Building a platform that allows small businesses to do smart marketing.
- Helping clients schedule social media posts ahead of time.
- Helps with writing and autocompleting entire blog posts.
- Supporting small to medium-sized businesses with digital marketing.
- Started with a mission of wanting to build a bigger company to help smaller ones.
- Expanded customer base by 21,900% in two years.
- Directed a team of software engineers, designers, and legal/finance professionals.
- The importance of getting the right people and being part of the success.
- The relevance of thinking ahead of time to sort things more easily.
- Emphasizing the need for small business owners to have the mindset of positioning themselves in certain situations.
“We’re always thinking ahead, we’re always pushing the limits.” —Arjun Rai
“Once you find the right people and you get to know them, they just become family to you.” —Arjun Rai
“Those little things we worked on can create moments of delight.” —Arjun Rai
“There’s always light at the end of the tunnel.” —Arjun Rai
“You are completely in ownership of your destiny.” —Arjun Rai