From being a young teenage freelancer in the mid-‘80s, now a Business Coach, Founder & Creative Director of a well-known Life-Scaping Company in the United States with services ranging from $4,500-$45,000/year & 14 FTEs. (Monique Allen)Mar 20, 2022
In this episode, I interview Monique Allen, Business Coach & Founder of The Garden Continuum Inc. based in Medfield, Massachusetts, United States of America. Monique has set up her own life-scaping company to help entrepreneurs, people in private, commercial, and government to ensure the longevity, vitality, and beauty of their home, business, and protected project areas.
From blogging a business back in the 90s, Monique decided to start her own business with a teachable mindset and self-awareness. Garden Continuum Inc was established in 1991 and has been running for over 32 years.
Monique said that to grow a business, you have to develop self-awareness and open your perspective to different realities. So she says, “the capacity of your business can only stretch to the capacity of you. And if you decide that you are not going to grow your own mental capacity, your own emotional capacity, or intellectual capacity, then the business gets stuck. So the best possible thing you can do is invest in your own self-awareness in your own growth.”
This Cast Covers:
- Understand how the best landscape practices meet up with the needs of the environment.
- Represents well over 100 years of experience and commitment to the Green Industry.
- Developing Landscapes.
- Ensuring the longevity, vitality, and beauty of your home or business.
- Works with private, commercial, and government clients on sensitive and protected project areas.
- Ensuring the best environmental outcome and performance.
- Provides professional services in consultation, design, installation, and fine gardening.
- Provides business coaching and speaking.
- Life-Scapes for all Seasons.
- Lifestyle coaching to grow business with passion and success.
“Being able to feel incredibly impassioned about your craft is so different than believing you should be paid.” —Monique Allen
“Help owners to look at the honorable value of what they're offering, and realize that they're not actually selling anyone. They're providing a solution. They're providing a pathway to better living, why would you withhold that?” —Monique Allen
“For me, success really has been able to have both of those worlds to love my work and love my family and not have to compromise with either one of them.” —Monique Allen
“The best possible thing you can do is invest in your own self-awareness in your own growth.” —Monique Allen
“Remember that if you want to be a leader, part of your job is to get comfortable with discomfort.” —Monique Allen