20+ years of working in corporate job, now helping entrepreneurs to have a quick and efficient accounting services. Has helped over 4,000 businesses around New Zealand with the growth between 35-40% revenue and 48 FTEs. (Sue de Bievre)Dec 07, 2022
In this episode, I interview Sue de Bievre, the founder, and CEO of Beany based in Hawke's Bay, North Island, New Zealand. Sue has set up her own business to help entrepreneurs have quick and efficient accounting services.
From working at a corporate chartered accounting job and serving other people, Sue has decided to build her own business to revolutionize her preferred industry completely. Beany was established in 2013 and had been running for over 9 years. Has helped over 4,000 businesses around New Zealand with growth between 35-40% revenue growth for the year 2022 and has 48 FTEs.
Sue has said that growing a small business requires persistence in order to become productive in achieving your targets. So she says, “If you say you're going to do something, do it. If somebody says no, you go back again, it's like just not letting go and keeping going.”
This Cast Covers:
- Offering online accounting services to small business owners in New Zealand and Australia.
- Doing traditional accounting through online services at a lower price point.
- From working at a corporate chartered accounting job to managing her own business.
- Been in and out of public practice in her whole career.
- Growing between 35-40% revenue growth for the year 2022.
- Helped over 4,000 businesses around New Zealand.
- Uses Zendesk as a sort of Customer Support Platform.
- A company that has never dropped below 90% client satisfaction.
- Experienced a painful failure to raise capital for her business.
- Sharing the positive effect of surrounding ourselves with people who invested in our business.
“Whenever you hit a metric that you’ve been aiming at, push it down the road, otherwise you get bored.” —Sue de Bievre
“Sometimes you need to recharge with people who are still invested in your business.” —Sue de Bievre
“Make sure that you’re looking after the people and growing with them and their business.” —Sue de Bievre
“Do what you say you’re going to do.” —Sue de Bievre
“Keep the core of your being believing your product, service, and your people without being rattled by the negative things.” —Sue de Bievre