With over 15 years of experience in the business industry, now a CEO and Founder of a company on a mission to solve the global single-use plastic problem. Serving about 7,000 households around Australia with over 25 FTEs. (Mike Smith)Jul 14, 2022
In this episode, I interview Mike Smith, the Founder, and CEO of Zero Co based in Byron Bay, Australia. Mike has set up his own company to help solve the global single-use plastic problem by delivering incredible products.
With over 15 years of experience in the business industry, Mike decided to leave his two former businesses to pursue new opportunities and give cause and awareness for nature. Zero Co was established in 2019 and has been running for over 2 years. Serving about 7,000 households around Australia with over 25 FTEs.
Mike has said that growing a small business requires being radically transparent and mission-focused to get a bigger response from the audience. So he says, “The more we’ve challenged ourselves, and pushed ourselves to be radically transparent, the bigger response we can get from the audience.”
This Cast Covers:
- Solving the global single-use plastic problem and delivering incredible products.
- Making a range of personal care and home cleaning products.
- Providing products for everyday use in your house, laundry, liquid hand wash, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, etc.
- Been started with a Kickstarter campaign about two and a half years ago.
- Sharing the challenging journey of growing a small business in the middle of COVID.
- A real-world live business for 19 months and from having 1 to now 25 teams.
- Became a minus great celebrity in the world to inspire people to join the mission.
- Helping entrepreneurs focus on what they can do by creating their own mission.
- Learning how to get a bigger response from the community.
- Leading with radical transparency from a marketing perspective every day.
“You’ve got to control what you can control and forget about everything else because things just come along.” —Mike Smith
“Success is the scale of the impact that we can have.” —Mike Smith
“The more we challenge ourselves, the bigger response we can get from the audience.” —Mike Smith
“If you’ve got nothing to hide, you shouldn’t hide anything.” —Mike Smith
“Be a mission-focused.” —Mike Smith