231: From Leading product teams at different companies, now the Founder, and CEO of a software company. Became the new standard in home service payments with over 2 million revenue and 10 FTEs. (Justin Clegg)Jul 26, 2022
In this episode, I interview Justine Clegg the Founder, and CEO of Allset based in Lehi, Utah, United States of America. Justine has set up his own business to serve home service businesses.
From Leading product teams at companies like Intel, Adobe, and Oracle, Justine has decided to leave Product Managing to pursue more opportunities. Allset was established in 2020 and has been running for over 2 years with GMV at 1.4 million and 10 FTESs.
Justine has said that growing a small business requires consistency and focusing on the highest strategic value and highest strategic leverage going into a workday. So he says, “When running a small business or startup, there is really an infinite list of to-do items and so it becomes ruthless prioritization.
This Cast Covers:
- Having a huge run of success and success stories.
- Conversational texting platform that serves home service businesses.
- Contracting companies like plumbing, HVAC, roofing painters, or cleaning companies, so a maid service or a carpet cleaner, etc.
- Leading product teams at companies like Intel, Adobe, and Oracle.
- Learning about the importance of hiring and keeping and retaining great employees.
- Teaching how to keep the customers happy and turning them into repeat customers.
- Jumping from corporate to early-stage startups in 2016.
- Giving people an opportunity to build a startup and leave a dent in an ecosystem.
- Sharing helpful values in running a great business.
- Focusing on the highest strategic value and highest strategic leverage going into a workday.
“Success can be relative, depending on who you are and how you measure that.” —Justine Clegg
“Listen to your customers.” —Justine Clegg
“If you spend more time on the things you least enjoy, you’ll end up learning the best.” —Justine Clegg
“All great business starts with great people.” —Justine Clegg
“Work hard and play hard.” Justine Clegg