With over 10 years of experience as a Florist, now the Founder and CEO of a soap products giving people a relaxation kind of sound. Growing from 250 stores to 3,850 with over 5 million in revenue and 21 FTEs. (Sophie and Aden Cooper)Aug 22, 2022
In this episode, I interview Sophie and Aden Cooper, the Founder and CEO of Anihana Life based in Auckland, New Zealand. Sophie and Aden have set up their own business to give people a relaxing kind of sound.
From being a Florist, Sophie has decided to pursue bigger opportunities. Anihana Life was established in 2016 and has been running for over 6 years. Became a big company from 250 stores to 3,850 over the last 12 months with over 21 FTEs.
Sophie and Aden have said that growing a small business requires communication and courage to ask for help. So they say, “having the courage to make that initial first step is probably the biggest challenge.”
This Cast Covers:
- Launching products at grocery stores.
- Now tracking as a multimillion-dollar business.
- Gone from 250 stores to 3,850 over the last 12 months.
- Learning how to build community and value authenticity.
- Providing soap products for body relaxation.
- Sharing experience in successfully growing a small business being an introvert.
- Been in the consumer goods industry for about 18 years.
- Implementing habits and values into just day-to-day life.
- Learning how to become authentic in order to excel.
- Helping entrepreneurs overcome the struggle in communication.
“It’s not about the product and our customers, it’s about the people as well.” —Sophie Cooper
“You just have to be authentic.” —Aden Cooper
“It’s about the timing.” —Aden Cooper
“Communication can make or break a business pretty quick.” —Aden Cooper
“Bad communication is better than no communication.” —Aden Cooper