247: QFF A specialist construction and a trades coach; Tamika shares the secrets of turning marketing leads into paying customers without wasting any time through strategic sales process and by determining the qualification of a client. (Tamika Johnston)Sep 01, 2022
In this episode, Rob Cameron interviews Tamika Johnston, a specialist construction, and trades coach, based in Launceston, Tasmania, Australia. A person who is not only meticulous in a monetary sense, but in a time sense as well.
Throughout her journey in different markets, such as construction, and architectural firms, she developed approaches such as “hooking the client into the sale” by devising a strategic sales process, a qualification script, and ways of making a client commit, to be as efficient as she can be in the sales process. “First and foremost, the sales in a business are the business's oxygen.”, she said.
This Cast Covers:
- Efficiently closing marketing leads.
- The importance of sales in a business.
- Price is not always a critical factor in sales.
- Devising a strategic sales process that’s reassuring for the client.
- Determining the qualification of the client.
- Finding ways to make your client commit.
- How to not waste time on “tire kickers”.
- Assembling a team to scale your business effectively.
- Keeping a tight grip on the sales process.
“First and foremost, the sales in a business are the business's oxygen.” —Tamika Johnston
“Having a clear sales process, and being good at sales is what's going to save your business over the next few years.” — Tamika Johnston
“So, we don't say what's your budget… It's, what are you looking to invest in your project?” — Tamika Johnston
“If you can have this clear sales process, you can employ someone to do the role, rather than you physically having to do it yourself.” — Tamika Johnston
“One big thing is making sure that the ball is always in your court.” — Tamika Johnston