256: QFF Specializing around the “Human Element”, now helping businesses transform their workplaces by implementing policies and recruiting a trustable staff to bring significance to workplaces and the lives of people. (David Reid)Sep 22, 2022
In this episode, Michael Denehey interviews David Reid, based in Brisbane QLD, Australia. David is a Human Resources Advisor, and a Management Consultant. David specializes in a range of supports around the “Human Element” of business practices, utilizing a range of Human Relationship (HR), Work Health & Safety, NLP, as well as Employee Engagement and Training services.
Since the year 2020 with the transition of “work-life balance” to “life-work balance”, David Reid assists small and medium business owners to develop a vital trustable staff, by implementing new staff engagement strategies to mitigate performance decline, and by assessing each of their employees’ skills and will. “You just got to engage and align, and so forth.”, he said.
This Cast Covers:
- How Michael and David met
- David’s experience around “Human Element”
- Who David is and what his background
- What’s lacking in most of the business these days
- The challenges business faced in attracting and keeping good stuff
- The challenges that businesses and employees faced in shifting from work-life balance to life-work balance
- How attitude and care factors are the most important attribute in building an effective workplace
- David’s recommendation
“Work-life balance has now become life-work balance in the eyes of many.” —David Reid.
“So what we're finding is the ideal candidate or capability is the skill and will.” — David Reid.
“It's eliciting, identifying firstly, what our motivators are and what we value, and looking for those similar types of things to fit with potential candidates.” — David Reid.
“So when we look at the skill and will, how do we assess will?” — David Reid.
“People need a sense of purpose, and you have to be clear on what their purpose is.” — David Reid.