10+ years experience as a sports physio, now supporting people to improve health, safety, and well-being. From tracking down during the pandemic, now back into a growth phase for about 65% top-line highs with over 30 FTEs. (Steve McCullagh)Nov 06, 2022
In this episode, I interview Steve McCullagh, the CEO of Healthy Business based in Hobart, Australia. Steve has set up his own business to support workplaces and people to improve health, safety, and well-being.
With over 10 years of experience working as a sports physio, Steve has decided to change his career and pursue new opportunities related to health. Healthy Business was established in 2002 and has been running for over 20 years. From tracking down during the pandemic, now back into a growth phase for about 65% top-line highs with over 30 FTEs.
Steve has said that growing a small business requires setting your own schedule and ensuring that you’re not getting carried away by what presents itself. So he says, “I create windows at the front end of my week, in the back end of my week, there is scheduled time to do those types of things at the front end, it's about planning the week and at the back end.”
This Cast Covers:
- Running a professional services firm and working across the blue-collar, and white-collar.
- Providing workplace health, proactive, preventative health, and well-being services.
- Growing a 20-year-old health business firm fastly in almost 2 years of involvement.
- Learned about health and well-being from professional sports.
- Sharing practical tips on how to overcome and handle too much stress.
- Started as a contractor and did some consulting.
- Helping entrepreneurs become clear with their intentions to make aligned decisions.
- Learning how to maintain work-life balance by setting a proper schedule and self-scoring.
- Learning the importance of having awareness of marketing and power.
- From working as a sports physio to a CEO of a service firm.
- Healthy Business
- Managing the Professional Service Firm by David Maister
- Building Story Brand by Donald Miller
“Success is looking back in life and being proud to have an impact.” —Steve McCullagh
“One of the most valuable things in business is having clarity.” —Steve McCullagh
“Understand that stress is normal and good, so interpret the issue and try to remove some emotions.” —Steve McCullagh
“Put the right people in the right roles and give them the right environment to become effective.” —Steve McCullagh
“Learn to love the challenges and cope with them in order for you to endure the trials.” —Steve McCullagh