With over 27 years of experience in growing a small business, now established a well-structured three small businesses that have been merged into one. Growing with over 4 million in revenue and 8 FTEs. (Dustan Fankhauser)Mar 01, 2023
In this episode, I interview Dustan Fankhauser, the Founder, and CEO of LED Direct based in Kansas, United States. Dustan has set up his own business to distribute commercial and industrial LED lighting products.
From working in a corporate job, Dustan has established a well-structured business after his 27 years of experience in growing a small business. LED direct was established in 2016 and has been running for over 7 years, growing with over 4 million in revenue and 8 FTEs.
Dustan has said that growing a small business requires developing and maintaining consistency and self-discipline in order to become productive. So he says, “It's just the constant work ethic of getting up every day early. Not being lazy. Having consistency. This, nobody's looking out for you, you don't have to clock in and clock out.
This Cast Covers:
- Running three small businesses that have been merged into one.
- Created an Excel Lighting and Signed that business assigned contracting company.
- Make sales and install signage for small businesses and large businesses.
- LED commercial and industrial lighting wholesaler.
- Grew up in an entrepreneurial family and started his business at the age of 26.
- Worked in a corporate job to gain experience managing a business.
- Growing with over 4 million in revenue and 8 FTEs.
- One of the first to have a showroom with stocked inventory, and teaching people about the LED lighting world.
- Developed very tight relationships with factories in China over 10 years.
- Getting into a lot of sports lighting, and retrofit projects in 2022.
“Become able to do what you want when you want.” —Dustan Fankhauser
“If you can develop some key relationships, people do business with people they like.” —Dustan Fankhauser
“Sometimes fast growth isn't always the best growth.” —Dustan Fankhauser
“Let people do their jobs that they know how to do and get out of their way.” —Dustan Fankhauser